Lessons are taught in French.
Designed for nature adventurers, this unique program will introduce your child to recreational cross-country skiing and teach them some of the sport's known techniques. With our three (3) courses, they will progress while enjoying privileged moments in nature with our nature educators, who are also coaches certified by Ski de fond Québec.
Preregistration starts: November 1st, at 9 a.m.
Registration starts: November 3rd, at 9 a.m.
- Three (3) cross-country ski lessons;
- Equipment (cross-country skis, boots and poles).
Parc-nature du Cap-Saint-Jacques
Parc-nature du Bois-de-Liesse
Parc-nature de l'Île-de-la-Visitation
Parc-nature de la Pointe-aux-Prairies
GOOD TO KNOW
- Ski de fond Québec-certified instructors, who are also nature specialists.
- Two blocks of three courses will be offered over the course of the season (one stating in January and one starting in February), so that you can choose the ideal moment to register your child.
- It is recommended to arrive at least 15 minutes early so that the lesson may start on time.
- Please note that a lesson may be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions (for example, if the wind chill factor drops the temperature to -28°C or lower). If this is the case, the replacement lesson will be held on the weekend following the date of the last planned class.
- There is a fee to park in the nature parks. For more information, please visit the City of Montréal's Website.
- To make the most of your activity, please dress for the weather. More information will be sent to you by email.
Lesson 1 : DISCOVER
Introduction to have fun on skis and develop basic motor skills.
- Keeping balance
- How to fall and get back up
- Coordination in order to move freely, diagonal stride
Lesson 2 : DEVELOP
Presentation and practice of different classic cross-country ski techniques for gliding, braking and climbing hills.
- Free glide
- Herringbone (duck climb)
- Snowplow braking
Lesson 3 : PRACTICE
Improve the technical abilities through a longer excursion in the forest.
- Review the skills acquired previously
- Discover the nature in the park!
Content will be adapted based on weather conditions the day of the lesson. Each lesson lasts 2 hours.
DISCOVER OUR ACTIVITIES
Lessons and Introductions
Guided Outdoor Activities