Mission Atmosphere take a break for this year! Next mission coming soon!
Discover our new youth leadership program on weather, climate change and resilience.
Leave on "Mission Atmosphere"!
- Offered in french and english, it will take youth interested in atmospheric science on an extraordinary adventure. Participants will get to try out cutting-edge weather forecasting tools, learn how to prepare for extreme weather events, and demystify the issue of climate change.
- Participants will get to try out cutting-edge weather forecasting tools, learn how to prepare for extreme weather events, and demystify the issue of climate change.
- This is a balanced program featuring fun, dynamic activities run by seasoned facilitators.
Specifics objectives on this program:
Over the course of the week, the participants will:
- Take part in fun, amazing experiments, as well as exciting workshops where they will get to try out professional scientific tools and instruments and tackle stimulating challenges that will test the knowledge and skills they have gained.
- Get exclusive access behind the scenes at important meteorological centres, such as the Canadian Meteorological Centre and the Quebec Storm Prediction Centre.
- Connect with experts in lively talk show-style interviews and in encounters with many professionals (forecaster, meteorological technologist, public safety specialist, air quality outreach officer, and climate change scientist), who will share their passion for science and for their field.
GUEPE is sincelery thank the Fonds d'action québécois pour le développement durable (FAQDD) and its financial partner, the government of Quebec, to contributed as historic partners for the project of "Mission Atmosphère: Programme de leadership jeunesse sur la météo, les changements climatiques et la résilience".